Cleansing with Oil
We’ve created a fresh, super gentle blend of nourishing, soothing and cleansing oils to help dissolve make up and draw out toxins to leave your skin supple, youthful and glowing. Our oils are packed full of antioxidants and vitamins to help fight signs of aging and promote healthy, firm and toned skin, leaving you with clean, soft, hydrated and glowing skin. Powerful anti-inflammatory and anti-fungal properties aid to soothe skin while our essential oils unblock congested pores.
What is it?
The Oil Cleansing Method (OCM) is a time old method of cleansing, based on the Ayurvdeic teaching of healing ‘like with like’ in this case dissolving ‘(bad) oil with (good) oil’.
Our skin produces its own natural oils, sebum, to hydrate and protect itself from harsh environmental factors. Some oil free and foaming cleansers can contain harsh synthetic, chemical ingredients that strip the skin of these natural oils (skin should never feel tight or dry after cleansing). Over cleansing with harsh cleansers can cause the skin to produce too much oil, trying to rebalance the sebum and this can result in oily or even dry skin.
How does it work?
The blend of natural plant oils once massaged into the skin work by binding the dirt, sweat, excess sebum, make up and sunscreen and draw out toxins to be washed away, balancing the skins natural PH and promoting healthy youthful skin.
- Apply a moderate amount of oil onto the skin (face, neck and décolletage, leaving the areas with the most make up to last)
- Gently massage oil into skin – the oil will start to remove make up and breakup hardened oil like blackheads
- Wet a face cloth with warm-hot water and place over your face holding for a few moments allowing the steam to open the pores. Gently wipe off. Repeat. (You can use Facial Cleansing Oil purely as a makeup remover by applying directly onto a damp facecloth or cotton round. Gently apply to closed eyes)
- Rinse with cool water. Skin will be clean, supple and glowing
- Spritz with Face Mist to tone and Face Oil to moisturise
(You can even apply our Facial Cleansing Oil after cleansing as a moisturiser!)
OCM is great for all skin types (I use it daily, double cleansing at night) but is especially beneficial for oily and acne prone skin as well as those will dry or dull skin.
*Great for all skin types
*Aids in fighting acne causing bacteria
*Fights signs of aging
*Super hydrating and moisturising, leaving skin with a youthful glow
*Cleanses naturally without stripping skin of its natural oils
*Balances the production of oil
Get ready for some seriously gorgeous skin!